The Subject of the Russian Federation:
Federal District: The Ural Federal District
Area: 530 km2
Population: 1 095 900 persons.
Chelyabinsk — a major city in Russia, administrative center of the Chelyabinsk region.
The city's population — 1 095 9009 people (2010).
Year Founded: 1736
The city's area is: 530 km².
Subdivisions 7 administrative districts: Kalinin, Kurchatov, Lenin, Metallurgical, Soviet, Traktorozavodsky, Central
History of the formation of Chelyabinsk has its roots in the XVIII century. It was founded on September 13, 1736 at Miass River as a guard the fortress on the way from Transurals in Orenburg.
In 1743, Chelyabinsk was the center of a large Isetskij province. In the fortress were Isetskaya provincial office, management Isetskij Cossacks (from 1799 belonged to the Orenburg Cossack troops), the spiritual government, seating courtyard. In 1781, Chelyabinsk was the status of county town. In the first half of the nineteenth century among the townspeople begin to form a layer of Commerce and Crafts, which will be destined to transform it into a major commercial and industrial center.
During the first Soviet Five-Year Chelyabinsk became one of the nation's largest industrial centers. Advances in the industry might not be so noticeable if the Chelyabinsk had its engineers and scientists, if not formed a close alliance of science and industry.
October 13, 1976 was born in Chelyabinsk million. In the second half of 2000's. Chelyabinsk began full-scale reconstruction and expansion of roads, construction of modern transport interchanges. The municipality conducted an audit of the entire infrastructure of the city and took on its balance sheet hundreds of miles of nets, which are no longer serviced offices and enterprises with more 80—90-ies. Were built and repaired many of the social facilities of education and health. In 2008 the city passed a record number of dwellings in its history - 880 thousand square meters.
Chelyabinsk is located on the eastern slope of the Ural Mountains, 201 km south of Yekaterinburg. Height above sea level — approx. 200—250 m.
The geological location — west of Urals — (granite), Eastern — Western Siberia (sedimentary rock), so the city is on the border of the Urals and Siberia. Leningrad bridge connects the "Ural" and "Siberian" bank of. Miass, is thus a bridge from the Urals to Siberia.
The volume of shipped goods of own production, works and services in-house by manufacturing activities for 2009 191 910 000 000 rubles.
Chelyabinsk — a major industrial center. In the city enterprises of metallurgy and engineering, the cumulative share in total industrial output is more than 60%.
Chelyabinsk — one of the largest metal manufacturers in Russia, at enterprises of the city made 43% of domestic ferroalloy. Also well developed industry instrumentation, light and food industries.
Chelyabinsk is one of the largest transportation hubs of the Russian Federation: The city is located at the crossroads of highways and railways linking Siberia with the European part of Russia and the Urals - with Kazakhstan. For air transportation is used airport, which since 1994 has acquired international status. Developed for intercity public transport: bus (c 1925), trams (from 1932), trolley (since 1942). The fare on the tram and trolley bus - 10 rubles, on the bus - 12 rubles (as of November 2010). Also, for passengers of public transport access to social and transport maps are available through discount fares on public transport. The city operates a large number of taxis, the fare 10 - 15 rubles (as of November 2010). Chelyabinsk - junction on the historical development of Trans-Siberian Railway. Chelyabinsk pass through the train going in four directions: north and north-west (in Ekaterinburg, Nizhny Tagil, Nizhnevartovsk, Tyumen, Novy Urengoi, Kirov, St. Petersburg), to the east (in Novosibirsk, Novokuznetsk, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Tynda , Chita, Tomsk, Vladivostok), to the south (in Astana, Karaganda, Tashkent, Orenburg) and west (in Ufa, Moscow, Samara, Penza, Ulyanovsk, Brest, Simferopol, Adler, Kislovodsk, Anapa, Astrakhan, Baku, Voronezh , Brest). In the northeast part of town, 18 kilometers from the city center, an international airport "Chelyabinsk" (before 2008 - "Balandin). The airport can be reached by buses № 1,41,45, as well as a shuttle bus number 82.
- Chelyabinsk Regional Museum
- Museum of Decorative Arts of the Urals
- Chelyabinsk Region Picture Gallery
- Chelyabinsk Regional Geological Museum
- Photo Studio "Stone Belt"
- Chelyabinsk State Academic Drama Theatre named Nahum Orlov
- Chelyabinsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre named after M. Glinka
- Chelyabinsk State Regional Puppet Theatre
- Chelyabinsk State Theatre of Young Audience
Famous people of the city
• Anatoly Kroll - conductor, composer, pianist, arranger, People's Artist of Russia
• Mikhail Boguslavsky - journalist, poet, director, screenwriter
• Svyatoslav Belza - literature, music and television, People's Artist of Russia, Honored Artist of Ukraine, Honored of the Polish culture, music reviewer for "Kultura", member of the Academy of Russian art and Russian Television Academy, the critic
• Konstantin Rubinsky - poet, playwright, essayist
• George Kasyanov - a historian, Doctor of History, Department Head, Contemporary History and Policy of the Institute of History of Ukraine National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, professor of the Kyiv Mohyla Academy
• Evgeni Aleksandrov - an architect, the architect of the RSFSR Honored, Honorary Member of the Academy of Architecture and Building Sciences, an honorary citizen of Chelyabinsk.